Tuesday, July 10, 2012

May 2012 - A New Lifestyle Begins

I was still a little weak from the surgery and was not allowed to lift more than 10 pounds for 2 more weeks but the doctors had given the OK for me to DRIVE the motorhome!  That "10 pound" limit meant I couldn't hook up my car or complete many other chores that come with traveling in a motorhome.  One of my RVer friends, Tom Voyles, who had helped in Bandera during my recovery had graciously offered to accompany me while traveling to catch up with the group.  I was thrilled to have someone "looking out for me" by doing those chores I was not yet able to do.  Thank you, Tom.  My first week "on the road again" was at a leisurely pace; with stops in Ft. Stockton TX, Deming NM, Apache Junction AZ and Page AZ.

There's much to see near Page AZ and I definitely hope to return when I can spend more time exploring, but I was anxious to catch up with the group known as the WINs (Wandering Individuals Network) many of whom were already good friends.

Glen Canyon Damn

Lake Powell Beach

Yep!  "Life Elevated"


   

No comments:

Post a Comment